Sunday, April 10, 2011

Thrift Store Goodies

I have officially become a thrift store shopper. Yesterday was my first adventure into the craziness of thrift store shopping. The BF (bless his heart!) was willing to push me into going. I ended up almost walking out as soon as I walked in BUT I stuck it out. And was rewarded for it.

I came out with 10 items (one was a book on fashion & styling) for only $42.

Granted, some of the pieces will require a little bit of tailoring but with a mother who is a seamstress, this is not a big deal at all. What did I score, you might be asking? Well, what I ended up getting was 3 blazers - one blue double breasted blazer gorgeous for work, one green linen boyfriend blazer, and one purple cotton-blend boyfriend blazer.

I also scored a fabulous white collar button-down that is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. I've been searching for it for months now and to my shock I found it at the thrift store. It was an Express shirt so I know it will be good quality.

Also found a sheer flower/zebra print silk top, a silver silk button down top, a white and purple leaf printed button down, a black&white striped button down with multi-color hydrangea flower print, and lastly, a black "paint-splashed" button down.

I'm pleased. I'll definitely be going back to this store later and definitely be checking out other stores in my area to see what other goodies I can find.

No comments:

Post a Comment