Friday, April 15, 2011

Shopping in my closet

I'm always searching for a way to keep things fresh while avoiding going out and spending a bunch of money (spending sprees at the mall are sort of my weakness).
My fix for this - I like to buy staple pieces, unique pieces, and tons of accessories to make my wardrobe really go the extra mile. I am usually pretty tame with my bottoms: jeans, dress slacks, pencil skirts, and the occasional jegging/legging. The pop to my outfits come from my unique tops/dresses. The trick - I usually go for COLOR, textures, cuts, and prints that are different & interesting. Add into this pieces like blazers, tanks, camis, and cardigans in a mix of colors & styles and you end up with a variety of different outfits that will suit your personality and make you feel like a million bucks for any occassion. And one other key approach to being able to "shop your closet" - be sure to keep an open mind in how you style & accessorize things. I buy a good variety of belts, jewelery, scarves, handbags, and of course, SHOES to make things take on a whole new life/feel. I usually end up with something very creative and very ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment